Sunday, April 27, 2008

Warm Weather Keeping Me Outside!

I've been putting a few miles on my sneakers this week. In southwestern Ontario we've been treated to about a two week preview of late spring/early summer weather and it has been heavenly after a long winter of being cooped up inside. So at lunchtime and after school I've been strapping on the sneaks and walking around the neighbourhood soaking in the sights and sounds of spring.


Many flowering trees are in bloom, along with forsythia bushes and the ever popular pussy willow. Robins are nesting, sitting on a new brood, and the air is filled with the chirping sounds of a variety of very happy birds. It's a good time to be alive. The other day my neighbour and I toasted the beginning of BBQ season by sitting on my newly cleaned up patio with a glass of wine. Ah.....good times.


Of course, all of this outdoorsiness means less time spent in front of the computer but nature calls, so to speak. This past weekend saw me up at my trailer just outside of Bayfield raking leaves and discovering new plants and flowers poking up. I also spent 4 hours taking apart a 20 year old sofa bed as that was the only way to get it out of the trailer. A light rain fell for part of the morning but I was very cozy inside with my hammer and screwdriver, tunes playing from my iPod, the raindrops hitting the metal roof, coffee close to hand.


The good news is that I can now access the internet at the trailer park so will be posting from the comfort of my hammock this summer as I watch the hummingbirds at my feeder, the white geese ambling across the road and the little chipmunks chase each other around the silver maple.

Bliss!

No comments: